A delicious homemade low-carb/low-sugar ice cream using our Keto Krisp Chocolate Mint bars as the central ingredient. Pure, creamy, and full of Keto Krisp Chocolate Mint crumbles. Not too rich tasting, nor too bland. We may even dare to say it's perfect.
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
• 1 cup almond milk
• 2 large eggs
• 1/3 cup sweetener
• 1 teaspoon mint extract
• 1 pinch salt
• 2~3 crushed Keto Krisp Chocolate Mint Bars
- Beat eggs with electric mixer until light and foamy, about 1 minute. Slowly add the sweetener and continue mixing until blended. Any remaining sweetener will dissolve during the cooking process.
- In a saucepan, stir in the heavy cream and then whisk in the eggs mixture.
- Continue whisking and increase heat to medium. Cook for 1-2 mins.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate. Mix until fully melted. Stir in the 1 cup almond milk, mint extract, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the blender and blend for 30 seconds, until very smooth.
- Chill the mixture throughly in the refrigerator. This step takes about 3 hours. You're cooling off the mixture so your ice cream machine can work on churning the mixture into ice cream and not using all of its energy to cool the mixture down.
- Assemble your ice cream maker, and then pour in the chocolate mixture. Turn on the machine and start churning, then set your timer for 30 minutes. The mixture will be very liquid-like at first, but slowly start to firm up.
- It take about 1⁄2 hour to get to the right consistency. However, ice cream makers vary, so please follow the instructions on your machine.
- While your ice cream is churning, break your Chocolate Mint Keto Krisp bars. I used 2 bars for this recipe, but if you don't want to use that many -- or want to use more -- feel free to do so.
- When your ice cream is almost finished churning, (like the last minute) it's time to add in the your Chocolate Mint Keto Krisp bars
- Pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. About 4-6 hrs.
- Ice cream can be enjoyed earlier if you like it soft.