"Bringing the 🎇 New Year in with my favorite keto chocolate cake! I don't know about you but I love celebrating with cake ANY occasion. So what better way to bring in the new year than with a delicious chocolate mint cake, using @tastecando crunchy bar!? This cake is all about texture and rich flavor and it's incredibly easy to make." - Recipe Creator, Yaidy (aka @SweetKetoLife)
- 1 1/2 cups fine almond flour
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol/ monkfruit
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cup powdered monkfruit sweetener
- 8 tbsp heavy cream, room temperature
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- Pinch of salt
- Crumble Keto Krisp Mint Chocolate Bar for filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare two round 6inch pans with butter and parchment.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Combine wet ingredients in a separate large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients slowly to your wet mixture while whisking together with the other hand. Mix until smooth.
- Pour on to your prepared baking pans and bake for 20 minutes on the center rack.
- Once fully baked, let the cakes cool completely before removing from the baking pans.
- Cream your room temperature butter by whisking it.
- Add the powdered monkfruit sweetener and beat it until well combined.
- Add the vanilla, peppermint extract, room temperature heavy cream, and a pinch of salt. Whisk until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- On a flat surface, spread a small amount of butter cream and place the first layer of cake on top of it.
- Add butter cream on top of the cake and sprinkle it with KetoKrisp Mint Chocolate Bar bits before placing your next cake later.
- Once both layers are set, add the rest of your mint buttercream to the top and sprinkle it with even more Keto Krisp Mint chocolate Bar bits