Low Sugar Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cups
Ingredients (makes 4 small jars)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 3-4 Keto Krisp Bars
- Sugar free whipped cream and raspberries for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar substitute
- Whisk the egg yolks and the sugar substitute in a heat proof bowl.
- Heat 1 cup cream and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat until very hot.
- Slowly add a bit of the cream into the eggs and whisk.
- Add a little more and keep whisking as you temper the eggs. When most of the cream is mixed in, pour all of the egg mixture into the pot with the remaining cream.
- Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add raspberries, water and sugar substitute to a small sauce pan.
- Cook and stir for about 10 minutes until berries are softened and slightly come apart.
- Cool completely.
- Crumble and divide 1 Keto Krisp between 2 small jars
- Repeat with a second Keto Krisp until you have 4 small jars filled at the bottom.
- Spoon chocolate mousse into each cup about 2/3 of the way full.
- Divide raspberry mixture between the cups.
- Top with sugar free whipped cream and additional crumbled Keto Krisp Bars.